Monday, July 22, 2013

RECIPES!!!!!  


Yes yes.. I am going to be posting all the delicious stuff I make and I'll also be posting the not so good stuff as well!! 





Healthy no-bake cookies!

Let me start off by saying that no-bake cookies are seriously my favorite cookies!  So last night I had an insane sweet attack and this is what I made and they were AMAZING!! Seriously I did not have high expectations for them and man was I surprised! 

So round up all this stuff

1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter 
1 small banana mashed
1/4 cup of almond milk (Im sure you can use whatever kind but this is what I used)
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups of 100% whole wheat old fashioned oats (put all 3 cups in blender/food processor and run for about 5-8seconds)
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of milled flax seeds (optional)
1/8tsp of salt

And this is all you gotta do:

Put oats (after you've ran them in the blender/processor) in a big bowl add salt, flax seed and cocoa powder and mix.  Next put peanut butter and mashed banana in a small sauce pan over low heat (my peanut butter didnt melt it just got hot) once its thoroughly warmed transfer it to bowl of oats and add milk and honey.  Mix it all together.  Drop spoonful of the mixture onto wax paper lined cookie sheet and make them as big or as small as you want.  Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes or so and BAM.. no bake cookie!   (Now Im sure you can get creative and add all sorts of goodness to these so if you do comment and let me know what you did!)


I found this recipe at: 
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/04/02/skinny-chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies/


Homemade pasta sauce

I love pasta!! The sauce is my favorite part.. Its just SOOOO YUMMY!  So when I started looking for a recipe for homemade sauce there were hundreds!  So I combined a little of this and that and this is what I came up with! 

8 tomatoes (larger kind)
2 carrots
1 bell pepper
1 small onion 
4 zucchinis (sliced and quartered)
4 button mushrooms(sliced)
Spices to suit your taste 
(I used oregano, cumin, garlic and rosemary)
1/4tsp of sea salt

Bring a big pot of water to a boil and add your tomatoes.  Leave them for 1 minute and then remove them and place in a bowl.  After they've cooled peel the skin off the tomatoes and place them in blender or food processor.  Pulse the blender til they're just blended and add carrots, bell pepper and onion and blend til it becomes sauce like consistency.  Pour into a large pot and add zucchinis, salt and spices and let cook for 3 hours.  After 3 hours add mushrooms and cook for 30 more minutes.  Add to pasta and your done :)


I LOVE CORNBREAD! Seriously... its one of the best foods ever!  So heres a healthier version for ya :)  Enjoy!


2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup oil
2 cups milk 
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl then add the wet ingredients.  Stir just til its all moistened.  Poor into a 9x13 oiled baking dish.  Bake at 375 for 30-ish minutes!  OMNOMNOMNOM!  :)

I found this recipe at:
  http://www.food.com/recipe/whole-wheat-cornbread-80963
So I made this last night for dinner!  Its really good and seriously you could eat like 10 bowls a day and probably be under 1000 calories!   
4 carrots (chopped)
1 1/2 onions (chopped)
1 envelope of dry onion soup mix (I made my own)
1 can of cut green beans
2 quarts of tomato juice (I made this myself as well)
5 stalks of celery
1 can of chicken stock (I made homemade stock from a chicken carcass)
1/2 head of cabbage cut into 1 inch pieces!

Place all ingredients in a crock pot (or on the stove) and cook on high for 4 1/2 hours(crock pot) or on low on the stove for about 2 1/2 hours.  Really tasty soup and filling.  Goes great with the above cornbread recipe! 

Sauteed veggies

Seriously this is a SUPER easy way to whip up some veggies for lunch or dinner!  Heck you could cook these up and put them in an omelet!

1 squash (quartered)
1 zucchini (quartered)
1 small/medium onion (quartered)
2 cups of fresh spinach
2 cloves of garlic(minced)
Vinegar of choosing (I like garlic infused red wine vinegar)
coconut oil

Poor  2Tbsp of coconut oil into a frying pan.  Add garlic and onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until onion is translucent.  Next, add the squash and zucchini. Drizzle the vinegar over the mix and cover with lid.  Cook until tender. ( I like mine to be a little crunchy so I dont cook it too long.)  Finally, add the spinach and cook for about 1 minute!

BAM!!! You now have tasty cooked veggies that would be good in a stir-fry, a side dish, an omelet or just on their own.  Enjoy! :)


Cranberry-Pistachio Bread

I kinda just put this together in hopes that it would be good!  I really enjoyed it so I hope you do too!

1 1/2 Cups of whole wheat flour
2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 Cup of agave (or honey, maple syrup)
1/4 Cup of coconut oil
2 Eggs beaten
1/2 Cup of dried cranberries
1/3 Cup of chopped pistachios
1/3 Cup apple juice

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Grease the bottom of a loaf pan.  In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients together.  Slowly add agave, oil, juice and eggs. Then stir in cranberries and pistachios.  Pour into the greased loaf pan. 

Bake for 50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment